Base (Can use ready tart-base from poon huat)
150g Digestive biscuit
50g Melted butter
200g Caster sugar
120ml Lemon juice
2 Egg yolk
Zest of 1 lemon
- Crush digestive biscuits and mix with melted butter. Place and pack the bottom of the spring form pan. Make sure it is flat
- Put in freezer
- Set up bain marie
- Mix everything except butter, and cook over bain marie.
- Keep stirring with a whisk
- When it starts to smoothen, and can leave a path at the back of the spoon, remove from heat
- Mix butter
- Cool the lemon curd to about 40-50 degree celcius.
- Pour gently onto biscuit base.
- Place in chiller for 2 hours to set.
- Remove from springform pan and serve.