Nuffnang

Monday, October 29

Ice cream puff

Ok, I promise I will have better photos when I'm cooking next time. So today I made ice cream puffs. I got the recipe from a demo class I attended, and I did half the portion (15 puffs). 

Pate a choux

  • 120ml       Water
  • 55g           Unsalted /butter
  • Pinch        Salt
  • 65g           Plain flour, sifted
  • 3 eggs



  1. Heat oven to 200°C. Place parchment paper/silicone paper/silicone mat on a baking tray/sheet.
  2. Boil water, butter, and salt in a saucepan. Immediately remove from heat, add flour, and beat with a spoon (it will get very tiring for your arms from here). When it starts to form a ball and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan, put in back on low heat and beat for 30s more to dry it.
  3. Whisk and add 2 eggs, and beat.
  4. Whisk the 3rd egg in a bowl. You should get a shiny dough which just falls off the spoon. If not, add a tbsp of the egg, and mix thoroughly. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.
  5. Transfer dough into a pastry bag fitted with a 1.25 cm plain tip and pipe 4cm mounds on the baking sheet. Use a wet finger and press the "tail" to make a flat top.
  6. Bake for 25-30min
  7. Cut, and fill with ice cream of choice.